Music made for the SN76489 / Sega PSG, featured in the Sega Master System and Sega Genesis.
Submission should be able to play back on real hardware (or in an emulator)!
- Accepted file format
- Playback (for voting)
- See also
The Master System was a video game console produced by Sega beginning in 1985. For audio, the SMS used a clone of the Texas Instruments SN76489 chip. These clones were also present in the Sega Genesis and Game Gear systems, the latter adding stereo functionality.
The SN76489 chip has 1 white noise and 3 square wave tone generators. Each channel has 16 levels of volume. The third square wave channel can also be used to control periodic noise in the white noise channel.
- Fork of FamiTracker
made by HertzDevil. Can export .VGM and .WAV.
- DefleMask Tracker
- Multi-chip tracker supporting the SN76489, alongside its bigger brothers. Can export .VGM.
can do SN7. The SNBasic engine is basically a truncated SN7 tracker, so technically.
- Tracker that can import .MOD, as well as import and export .MID and .VGM files.
- VGM Music Maker
- Shiru's actual SN7 tracker and cousin to TFM Music Maker.
- MML compiler that supports SN7, among many other formats.
Accepted file format
Both this entry format and the sgen entry format
share the .VGM file format.
Playback (for voting)
- a winamp plugin for playback
For playback on actual hardware, there is SMS VGM Player
Want to listen music ripped from the console’s games? check out the ripped chiptune repository!
- Complete list of ripped chiptunes repositories