Thanks, moox. Since there's now a page's worth of comments and this post isn't immediately visible, this is what I did. This song involves four different standalone programs: Ableton Live, Famitracker, Vocaloid, and Symphonic Choirs. I had to learn the latter two for this song, and I won't even go into the absolute nonsense it was getting Symphonic to work. I was up all of more than one night making that function. I'll just say it's finagled as hell, especially given the narrow key range on most of the voices. The remaining vocals use Live's vocoder over various synths. It's also worth mentioning that I tested my counterpoint by designating VRC6 Pulse 2 in Famitracker as the "stuff I'll be playing in other programs" channel. I made sure that channel didn't render.