the way it works is u open "ptCollage.exe" and then
THE 'VOICE' SCREEN
you are on the 'voice' screen by default, it says "voice" in the top left. select a instrument (you can see the instruments in the "my_material" subfolder, but you can select stuff from any directory)
• you can select ".wav" files, and also ".ptvoice" and ".ptnoise" files, which are pxtone collage's proprietary formats for wavetable and noise instruments.
• you can make custom instruments for these with "ptVoice.exe" and "ptNoise.exe" respectively. you can save them to the folder. do this if you want
THE 'UNIT' SCREEN
this is just where you assign instruments to channels (like a tracker), you need to do this. you can make as many channels as you want.
• you can mute and solo channels here, as well.
• clicking a channel's name makes it the default for the "keyboard" screen.
• you can also enter one pitch of notes on here as an easier way to do percussion or whatever
• press left and right on the keyboard to go left and right (or click the draggy thing at the bottom)
THE 'KEYBOARD SCREEN
this will show the channel you selected in the "unit" screen, and you can put notes down on it. its only "one channel", so you can only play one note at a time.
• if you press the "arrow keys" in the top left you can move back and forth between "channels"
• you are on the "pen" setting by default, that adds notes. you can move the notes you already placed down by changing to the "hand" setting (in the top left)
• saving is just ctrl+s
• space is for playback
• somehow opened a version of pxtone collage that wasnt in english while i was typing this. be careful.....
can't think of anything else. try not to go over the file limit. submit the .ptcop file. HAVE FUN!!!!!!
(p.s.: puke the actual playback file is the ".pttune", ".ptcop" is the module. this is like .BBSONG ALL OVER AGAIN!!! (well, it doesnt matter so much, since this is literally the only program that makes these files. but yeah lol))