Why the fuck are you reading this flyer?
This 555 Gallery event, Detroit Battle of the Bits, will be a party where locals may culminate and witness the results of a 48 hour mass delusion electronic music remix composition competition - all songs built from the same 25 samples. Every remixeree who gets their track in by deadline will get to hear their track played at the party - it will be kinda loud.
The 555 Gallery is located at 4884 Grand River, Detroit. This stupendous venue is just west of the Wayne State Campus on the corner of Warren and Grand River in the former Michigan Tent and Awning building. Don't worry, there's plenty of secure parking.
There will be CD's available the best of past events. If you're not there we'll asume you're real broke or just lame.
What is Battle of the Bits?
Battle of the Bits is a hosting grounds for community open source remix culture. Future breeding grounds for an open source sample database and more competitions like this one.
Rules for the Competition...
- Two outposts, one located at the 555 Gallery in Detroit and the other at the Fleetwood Diner in Ann Arbor, will be stationed from 6pm to 10pm on Thursday, June 9th handing out data CD-R's containing the 25 selected samples. Or download them.
- Must be an .MP3 of 4.5mb or less - you pick the bitrate. Can be submitted via a data CD-R at the 555 Gallery by no later than 10pm on Saturday, June 11th. Or upload it. Using other samples than the ones provided by Battle of the Bits is grounds for render you diqualifi-cation.
- Judging by all peers will take place on battleofthebits.org during the weeks following the 555 Gallery party in the categories of : Best Overall, Dancinest, Produfunction, Pest Corporate Slop, Shit-in-Pants, and Your Mom's Sandwhich. An awards event is yet to be announced but voters decide what artists shall perform at said show before the winning tracks played.
- get samples, start mixing
- submit mix on site or @party 555 Gallery
voting starts shortly after on this site
- Awards Ceremony - Winder St. Loft in Detroit's Eastern Market on Friday, July 22
4884 Grand River / corner of Warren
Detroit, MI just west of Wayne State campus