In June 13 2020, dj.tuBIG/MaliceX mentioned about my track.
It was created a new fork of OpenVGM. They made a hardware render
using SBVGM - Played via OPL3 CMI8738.
For those people are interesing about Newer OPL3 Trackers / and Get Prepared for Adlib Techno majors. Here we go
Special Tkanks to dj.tuBIG/MaliceX for building this tool and i have tested on my x86 Windows 7 Machine. (Update: There are new version. Now updated the code and the Patch)
OpenMPT VGM Mod Downloads
when you're done logging AFTER closes the modded OpenMPT
For IBM PC / MS-DOS Compatible
Compress any VGM File
Chapter 1: How to dump VGM Files from MPTM or S3M Modules
1. Download the modded OpenMPT and the Batch File
2. Place it from the downloaded executable and the batch file into the "C:\Program Files\OpenMPT" folder (Keep it mind I use x86 windows) and make shoutcut to the desktop from the modded OpenMPT and the Batch file.
3. Before opening the program or loading a MPTM/S3M module. a tip of his user
Note that it starts logging as soon as you start playing a track. you may see debug dialogs appear. just ignore them.
and Must be 48000Hz on the Audio Device Output.
Something else go to lower (44100Hz) it may sound really fast after generated the VGM File. (EDIT: Fixed)
4. when you're done logging. Clic "Stop" or the Key for Stopping the song then Please close OpenMPT
5. Open the Batch File "OpenMPT_vgmloghack.bat" and you can see the "opl3vgmlog.vgm" appears on the desktop.
Note That VGM is not optimized.
6. Open vgm_cmp.exe and you can drag n drop from Uncompressed VGM File into the CMD Window, and Press Enter. (This was generated and Duplicated the file. You see the "opl3vgmlog_optimized.vgm"
Compatible for VGM Players: VGMPlay, in_vgm or MDPlayer
Chapter 2: Playing VGM on MS-DOS and IBM PC Compatible
Are you excited to do Tracks on Real Hardware?
These are the Requirements:
- OPL3 or OPL2 Compatible Card (AdLib, SoundBlaster or OPL3LPT Card)
- Floopy Drive or USB2Floopy Emulator
1. See the Chapter 1
2. Download SBVGM and Extract all the files. This was been created a new folder "SBVGM"
3. Grab the VGM File and move into the SBVGM folder
4. Copy or Place all the files or SBVGM folder to Floopy Drive or USB.
5. Moving to the IBM PC Machine. Loading a floopy Drive or FD EMU Copy all the SBVGM Folder to Hard Drive. Included the VGM File using xcopy (nevermind i never know how to use ms-dos)
6. To play this VGM on SBVGM, type
"sbvgm -x opl3vgmlog.vgm" on the current "SBVGM" Directory.
(EDIT: That "-x" Parameters should be use for VGM Larger Files with XMS Support)
7. Enjoy! and You can record using the Cable Jack to the New Computer or Laptop then Record on Audacity or an Logic Pro X on Mac
Know Limitations and rules.
- Don't use anything other than opl instruments
- Don't use any samples
- Restricted to Channel 18 for MPTM OPL3
- Restricted to Channel 9 for S3M OPL2
- AdLib / OPL3 instruments only support hard left, center, and hard right panning
- ZXX and /xx OPL Modulator Level
- New Note Action is set to "Note Cut" by default. However "Note Off" and "Continue" is not recommended
- If you're using the AdLib OPL2 Soundcard, I recommend
to make S3M Songs. Not recommended for MPTM due
Limitations about the Soundcard. OPL2 uses 4
Waveforms and OPL3 uses 8 Waveforms
- Oxy Retrigger Commands... [EDIT: Fixed as for the new build]
- Vxx and Xxx doesn't handle with the exported VGM. However it only does control with the OpenMPT "Synth Volume"
For more information about OPL in OpenMPT, Chech the owner's manual.
That's all for now. also sorry for my english was not 100% good