This is gonna be absolutely packed with info. Buckle up.
The Ultimate Hum: A BotB VGM OST inspired by beautiful pixel animation, made with battles
Host a series of 8 weekly 4HBs
, Saturdays 3PM EST for each selected scene of THESE MASTERPIECES
At the end of the series, vote for each battle if we want to take an extra track or not if let's say two tracks have different feels like "general area" and "boss fight" and we want 'em both, I guess it's not rigid
When tracks are selected, host Pixel art 4HB for album cover based on the overall feel of the completed album
Host a final Remix 4HB, and give it the same extra pick treatment
Put all selected tracks in an album with Puke's blessing on Bandcamp
- All registered users of BotB may vote.
- All tunes will be rendered to MP3 for voting accessibility.
- No covers allowed, only original works.
- Entries that have been previously publicly released are not allowed.
- No one is required to participate in multiple battles to have a chance to win a spot
- Unless otherwise stated under WINNING LIMIT rule, gold winner is automatically taken for the album
- 8 of these scenes have been selected for the battles.
The battles' bitpack will tell you which one to inspire your music from!
- Remember we are making a fake video game soundtrack!
- Use whichever tool you want, but the end-product, the track must have at least some
chippiness to it.
- Think of "feel" as the "chippiness" of Wildchip. It's largely a basis, an inspiration, in order to unify us under one sound design theme and give some purpose. It means at least use some NES/SNES-compatible sounds. It has to be noticeable! The bitpack should help you with that
- This doesn't restrict
feel to NES/SNES. You can mix feels with other chips and non-chip/VSTs at will.
POLISH STAGE: Post-battle
- This means everyone who participates
and intends to make it at least once in the album MUST ACCEPT
that they will
help finish, polish, upgrade their own winning track(s), if they win
. No mixing/mastering, though, we have LittleTheremin for that! ;)
- You can start doing so at any point, whether or not you think you won; however we will not select extra winner tracks based on modified versions!
- Helping others with ideas or even collabing is entirely up to you, but highly appreciated
- But I must be clear: NO COMPLETE OVERHAULS!
That means don't just completely change all the melodies, all the backing tracks, etc. and make your track unrecognizable!
WINNING LIMIT: 2 Gold wins
- Not including post-battle extra picks
- To promote fairness, if you win battles with gold more than twice, you will have to choose after the 8 battles which tracks you will want to "keep", in which case, the others will see the silver winner be chosen instead.
- This does not however limit the amount of total tracks selected for the album in the end, we may or may not still select it as an extra (after the main battles) if we see fit.
EXTRA PICKS: After all 8 battles
- We WILL select secondary winners depending on multiple factors including how they distinguish themselves thematically (example: gold area track + bronze boss fight track) as well as the state at which the track is by the end of the main battle series. Meaning upgrading your track prior to extra selections will definitely work in your favor
- This means the 8 battles may turn up to 30 tracks
if we simply cannot control ourselves out of pure
prone to change to add a couple more Wildchip battles
The 8 weekly Wildchip 4HBs
will all be on Saturdays at 3PM EST / 7PM GMT
August 22nd, August 29th, September 5th,
, September 19th
, September 26th, October 3rd, October 10th
The Pixel art 4HB
(album cover) will follow at the same time on
The Remix 4HB
will follow, again same time on
Current status of the album winners
Communal Lossless Renders
2 x kgb525
, 1 x bluenocturne
, 1 x vav
, 4-6 x Empty
Extra Picks: 24 x Empty
- Looking at potentially getting a Gold Slot in case of another gold from kgb525
1 x petet