Lots of folks been inquiring how the videos get picked for the Battle of the Bits official youtube channel. I don't know when full automation will happen. It's not the funnest thing to work on. But it's very clear that I can't keep up uploading videos regularly. Also, no matter how objective I try to be in picking entries, there's still most liekly my own personal bias in the way. So let's talk a logical conclusion moving forward here at this juncture!
Eventually there will be a `YT Render` button on entry pages so long as the following requirements are met:
- botbr must be level (6, 8, or 9? or higher?)
- entry must have radio status (score + favorites >= 30)
- entry must not have a preexisting yt render
- entry must not already be in the render queue
here's some UX considerations for when a botbr clicks the `YT Render` button:
- alert modal confirmation displaying boon cost
- alert modal saying `narp enuff boons!`
- have an NPC handle it! :U
BOON COST IS YET TO BE DETERMINED
Once the yt render is in the queue the `requestee` must wait for the render to be created and published before requesting another. They get an alert when this happens too!
things missing from automation:
- video renderer doesn't handle collabdongs
- video renderer doesn't handle unicode very well or at all
- a public facing http server to handle rendering and yt submission (most likely to be setup where the bots live)
- site side chron job or trigger to tell public facing http server its time to render and publish
- format/battle types -> yt playlist tables
yt_queue (new sql table)
id : autoincrement
-- delete row when render is posted
Ok, so, in the meantime, if you really want a chance to get something in the current queue hit me up on chats. Please be respectful; if you already requested something at least wait until its published.