As some of you already know, the company that hired me over 4 years ago and relocated my ass across the United States of Americram from Ann Arbor, MI to Austin, TX closed it's doors last Monday. I am unemployed!!! I could look for a next job, but I'd rather do something I have lots of passion for. Y'know, liek work on this here old Battle of the Bits/ \:D/
This post is a work in progress, but I wanted to share said progress.
I'm hoping to launch this kickstarter thing on Sunday, but if I don't feel it's ready then it shall be postponed at most a few days.
How can a BotBr such as yourself help right now? I'd like help making the kickstarter page really pretty! If anyone has some outstanding artwork they'd like to make or suggest that's already on the site, please do!
Also, I need to make a video! I'd like as many BotBrs as possible to record themselves saying something such as "Viva le BotB" or "Viva lol BotBee" or however you would say it. Even if you said something very short and succinct about how BotB has affected you would be very, very helpful.
I know this is short notice. I got no notice on my termination either. Please, let's pull together and make me working on BotB full-time a reality even if it's just for a few months. I can look for work when this all winds down (and if we're successful).
Here is a successful kickstarter model I am trying to follow
I'm not trying to create any financial pressures on anyone - but any promotion or help with promotional ideas are welcome and appreciated!!
the following is the work in progress notes (needs work)
Goal :: $12k - $15k
3 Months of Development
Multiple BotBrs per User Account
- easy management and session switching
- wizards and clerics that adjust a BotBr's aura
- merchants that sell items
- someone to run the arena
Inventory and Items
- get a humility helmet to block auto-favorites on your own entry
- get a totem cloak to conceal changing BotBrs
Completely Rebuilt Battle Engine
- true modularity with battle phases and battle types
- options for BotBrs to host major battles (costs much boons)
- host One Hour Battles up to a week after creating them
Stretch Goal :: $24k - $30k
6 Months of Development
"I never went to college. I just wanna do stuff."
- a new fluid layout ready for all devices
- integrate angular.js and make single page app
- simpler interface focused on browsing and enjoying content
- get that meta-data visible on car stereos via blu-toof
Pledge Any Amount - get Altruist points for your BotBr
Pledge $20 - you get Winter Chip I 7"
Pledge $25 - you get BotB t-shirt
Pledge $40 - both the 7" and the shirt
Pledge $100 - create a Major battle that last two weeks with one format (BotBr submitted cover art format optional)
Pledge $250 - create a Major battle that lasts 4 weeks and has up to 4 formats (BotBr submitted cover art format option reduces to formats to 3 besides cover art)
Pledge $500 - create a Major battle that lasts 4-8 weeks with as many formats as you want