token - boom
points - Mappist
file types - .wad
max filesize - 10mb
description - custom level(s) for Boom-compatible Doom clones
- Restrictions on submit
- See also
Boom is a source port created by TeamTNT for the game Doom
. Boom is the only other format besides Doom, which is giving Mappist Points.
- No engine limits
- Configurable animated and switch textures.
- Deep water effects.
- Scrolling walls, floors, and ceilings, including support for conveyor belts.
- Translucent walls and sprites.
- Friction effects, such as mud and ice.
- Custom colormaps (which can provide, for example an underwater blue "tint").
- Silent teleporters, which can be useful for fake "room over room" effects.
- Elevators which move the floor and ceiling of a sector together.
- Generic linedef types - a particular linedef behaviour can be "calculated" using a separate linedef calculator program called TRIGCALC.EXE.
- A DeHackEd extension standard, BEX.
, a cross-platform Doom map editor
, a Doom map editor for Windows
, a wiki for Doom-related information
Restrictions on submit
Submission must be a .wad-file compatible with Boom.
Boom-Page on the official Doom-Wiki