- Most Taggable Cores
- Notable Non-author Cores
While in actual music, for example, "breakcore" means a more insane variation of DnB, BotB uses the suffix "-core" to define an author's trademark style, with all the quirks and details unique to it. Quite a frequent target on the otherwise rare "emulate an X" OHB
s. If a memorable word or phrase is used in a song's description or title, it will often be tagged word
core. Also known generally as "authorcore".
Most Taggable Cores
- breakcore with half-robotic, half-harmonic melodies (the proportions might vary on different tracks), which is taken over by less than a minute of chaotic percussion. Tends to not sound like any other entry in the format strobecore occurs. Any format. Oh, and so you know, it sometimes features fakeouts. Also known as "THIS IS BY STROB" and "wafflecore" and "waffles" oh my.
- I'd like to describe that, but that's entirely impossible for a regular human mind! Wait, you still want it? Well... Let's say that the rhythm here is never consistent, and most of the tones are so atonal they look tonal after all, and the result sounds just as insane as this piece for player pianos
. There, I'm done.
- take Heosphoros's songs, put them on crack, plague them with roboenza and you get taylecore. In other words, taylecore is chipmetal that tends to be really loud and feature several elements of techno. Tends to sound less rich during the OHBs. So far, the best specimen were heard as NSFs and AYMs.
- as null1024 himself describes it, "silly octave bass, 4/4 kick,
snares maybe, then randomtrack a lead over it. Now you too can make nullmusic! Also, multi-channel echo on everything but the drums."
That, and the melody tends to get more complicated as the track progresses.
- tends to vary between entries (even if they're still made by goluigi), but most of the time, they're happy, cheerful and random-sampled sondongs, often done in Mario Paint. Rarely, though, it just refers to insanely long and nonsensical titles, see titlecore
- basically, everything Svetlana makes sounds like really oldschool demomusic (be it by Commodore 64's standarts, or by Amiga's, or by ZX Spectrum's), complete with the simple chord progressions, melodic/randomly-melodic leads and (in case it's a chiptune) lots of background arps!
- the entry sounds soooo average it deserves a place somewhere in the middle of the OHB results chart. As a matter of fact, it gets a Tincan
and hence the song's tag.
- "oh hai, i suk so much so plz vot this 4 ze last plays kthxbai! =DDD"
- anything having to do remotely with waffles
- it's so long it just barely fits your whole monitor. :c
- sometimes, instead of writing one sentence on what they feel, BotBrs tend to spawn whole essays on their major entries! KungFuFurby's entries are notable examples.