Rescue all the children.
Additionally, you can rescue some pandas too. Or, you could kill them, but why'd you ever want to let THAT happen? This game is really good because you can jump on platforms and climb ladders.
The game has FOUR levels containing 5 children to rescue each. To win the game you must beat ALL of them.
The levels are the following:
1 - Northern Pastures: The kids are happily running around with no trouble. They're good at dodging the attacks of local hobos.
2 - Inside A Computer: One of the kids (undoubtedly Eastern European) learned to hack computers and transmitted everyone into cyberspace! Threats inside a computer include angry computers and weird glitches.
3 - Fistland: Kids are violently held under strict power and total control and their wills being suppressed. Running your mouth here might get your nose broken.
4 - Mummy's Tomb: They surely found an interesting target location for their little exploration trip...? No living creature inhabits these depths. The only beings you'll run into here don't even have a pulse. All the kids may as well be cursed by a spirit by now.
If you cannot see or hear anything when opening the .html that's likely because your browser doesn't load local resources for security reasons. Look it up on Google to figure out how to disable this restriction on whatever browser you use. I didn't bother providing these instructions here because On My Machine It Runs Just Fine™ and any of the 3 browsers I tested this on don't have any problems. If the canvas renders with text and sprite images but you don't hear sound, you have disabled autoplay on your browser, re-enable it because the music is very good. If you run this on anything else than the latest versions of FireFox or Chrome I don't take responsibility for any bugs or errors. Otherwise I take responsibility for all of them.
- If you're just beginning to play do not try to get all 5 kids from each level, as some of them are in tricky places that beginners are unable to reach. Instead go for the three easiest ones and have one as a backup in case you lose one etc. Gathering more than 3 kids per level only benefits you when going for a high ranking (it shows in the ending screen). Every 5 kids you rescue (have to finish level) also gets you one extra life.
- When you're unsure about what's beneath a ledge, you can hold down arrow key to move the camera to check if there are platforms safe to jump on.
- Seek out extra lives. They're scattered around the maps to make dying less punishing and to reward exploration.
- Note that the green mushroom is not an extra life, it's an extra hit point. Also note that you'll automatically lose if three children get killed as the minimum amount rescued to pass a level is 3.
- "P+++" is the highest possible rank that can be achieved (P there stands for Panda)
- For the record, the game only registers children as dead if you finish a level with them dead. As long as you have extra lives you can try rescuing all of them as many times as you want without it hurting your statistics. Simply exiting a level without rescuing someone doesn't count as killing them.
Like all my other games, this too has only one music track. Get used to it!
And remember: Fazer not Phaser, ok?