ACTIVITY DATE: March 17th - ???
(Hopefully this doesn't overlap with S3XMODITMANIA too badly!)
Summary: We're gonna make a kickass famitracker collab album! All experience levels welcome!
Signed up, but need *.fti's from:
Make five (5) famitracker instrument files (.fti), and send em to firstname.lastname@example.org (i know i got really lucky being able to snag that).
This will count as your signup.
We will be using the Monsquaz Swap website (generously provided by RAMPKORV)! Site is HERE: https://swap.monsquaz.org/events/famiswap-2019
0. If you are familiar with Monsquaz Swap, this is similar.
1. Before 3/16/2019, send your instrument files (any expansion is allowed, and DPCM is allowed).
1.1. Try to keep total filesize for your instruments below 40 kb. Every single instrument is going in the starter file, and we don't want too much bloat.
1.2. The starter file will include one "blank" instrument in each expansion type. (You can access the different VRC7 defaults with the VXX effect, so you won't need a different file for each of those).
2. CURRENT WINNER: 0CC-Famitracker
Please vote on which program we should all agree on using. I was originally going to suggest 0CC, but JonKaruzu pointed out that j0CC FT is available and a bit more stable. Our options are FT, 0CC-FT, or j0CC-FT. https://www.strawpoll.me/17550120
3. On the morning of March 17th at 7:00 AM EST (Noon GMT), you will receive your copy of the master file, and you will secretly be assigned a number. This number will only be used by me when determining which file goes to which person next. Write something awesome! Don't worry about polishing it (unless you wanna), just lay down the basic framework for a track.
4. By 6 AM EST (11 AM GMT) on March 18th, please send in what you have made. At 7 AM, you will receive what someone else has made with the very same instruments. It will then be your job to add onto that!
5. Some ground rules for adding on to songs:
5.1. Don't delete anyone else's hard work! Some things, like volume, can be adjusted. You can also slightly adjust rhythms and tones, too. But you can't delete what someone else has worked hard on. Improve, don't remove!
5.2. Don't add instruments! If you want to use something specific, then submit it when you're signing up.
5.3. Be bold! Don't be afraid to add something that drastically changes the mood of the piece. What makes this project so much fun is that you really have no idea what each song is going to end up sounding like by the end.
6. We repeat this until each song has been touched by each person. This is why I can't specify an end date, because the more people we get, the more days this will take (but the cooler the end result will be!).
7. Finally, each person will get the song file which they started on day 1 back, but with everyone else's contributions added on. This is when you polish it. You will have one week to turn that song into a finished product.
8. Up to that point, everything is anonymous! Think of it like the voting period in famicompo.
9. If you're not going to be able to contribute anything on a day or several days, and this comes up unexpectedly, please let me know in advance, so that I don't hold everything up waiting for a file that isn't coming. (I will try to be easy to reach).
10. After this is finished, we'll all listen to the final songs together! Then we can put the album up, and it will be glorious. Proceeds go to maintaining botb servers maybe? We can decide that later by vote.